Proofreading, Editing, Critique
Getting help with your book from a professional editor is always recommended but often just too expensive. We have partnered with a professional editor with 30 years of experience to provide quality writing services at affordable prices.Visit our Writing Services Page
Hundreds of Helpful Articles
We have created hundreds of articles on topics all authors face in today’s literary landscape. Get help and advice on Writing, Marketing, Publishing, Social Networking, and more. Each article has a Comments section so you can read advice from other authors and leave your own.
Easy Publicity Ideas for Authors for a Successful Book Launch
Releasing a book is never easy. There is a pressure that comes with publishing a novel and not many authors are able to cope with it. Many authors feel like PR is a chore that they want nothing to do with if they can help it. However, these days, authors have to be involved in the PR process personally to be able to have a successful book launch. The process is overwhelming, but with patience and realistic goals, any author can have a successful book launch.
Here are some publicity ideas for authors who find PR a daunting process.
• Maintain an email list by having the subscription button on your website. Once you have an email list, you need to contact people in advance and send them a reminder of when your novel is being published. Give them a chance to pre-order your novel and add a link to it in the email as well.
• Design some merchandise like T-shirts, mugs and such and use them for giveaways for fans and readers. This will help you in gaining the attention of people and turning them into readers.
• Have a giveaway for an ARC (Advanced Reader’s Copy) and send a few copies to a lucky few people. This will help in building anticipation and help you create hype. You can use platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Goodreads for this, since this is where most of the reading community is most active.
• Start being active on social media platforms well before the date of publication of your novel. You need to post regularly in the form of personal posts, little snippets from the book and basically do things that will lead to engaging the audience. You need to make your book more available to people and help them recognize you and your work.
• You need to write blog posts that have the name of your book in it at least twice a week. This will help you increase your visibility online. If you don’t have your own website, you can use any free blog platform and set up a blog there that you can use to regularly post about your book.
• Attend events and start networking there. Spread the word around and let the world know that your book is about to be published. Start connecting with other authors, create small events with them and bring in more people for both of your novels. Sometimes, the best way to get the attention of people is by joining hands with other authors.
• Attending literary events and author signings in your area is a great help for you. Team up with other authors in your area and work with them to bring in the crowd. Remember that every author and every book is unique, so you need to find your niche and then use it. Strategizing and timing is very important for authors so do some research and then move on from there. Some imaginative thinking and hard work will ensure a successful book launch.
Written by Readers’ Favorite Reviewer Rabia Tanveer