Proofreading, Editing, Critique
Getting help with your book from a professional editor is always recommended but often just too expensive. We have partnered with a professional editor with 30 years of experience to provide quality writing services at affordable prices.Visit our Writing Services Page
Hundreds of Helpful Articles
We have created hundreds of articles on topics all authors face in today’s literary landscape. Get help and advice on Writing, Marketing, Publishing, Social Networking, and more. Each article has a Comments section so you can read advice from other authors and leave your own.
Ways to Get More Traffic to Your Author Website
Most authors are not tech-savvy, although times and the demands of the market are changing this rather quickly. Gone are the days when all an author needed to do to be successful was to have a book that brought them the attention they deserved. But with thousands of talented authors releasing a new book every few weeks, the competition has become rather tough for all. Even the most seasoned and the most successful authors have to stay on top of their game to be able to make it all work.
More authors are now making an effort in connecting with their audience. The biggest and the most prominent way to do that is by making their own website and keeping it as updated as possible. But sometimes, that does not work. Sometimes, authors are not able to generate as much traffic from their website as they would like, but that does not mean that they should give up. There are certain ways through which you can increase organic traffic and even generate sales from that traffic. It is not going to be an overnight thing, but if you are patient enough to follow these tips and steps, you can work wonders for your website.
Tips for Increasing Traffic to Your Website
1. The first thing that you need to do is ensure that the design of your website is streamlined. The design of your website is not just there to make your website look pretty. The design of your website will help in building trust, credibility and your authority. The reader will be focused on how professional your website looks, which means that the quality of the design matters a lot.
2. The quickest and easiest way to get a great looking website is by purchasing a premium template. These are premade design templates that you can choose. All you have to ensure that the template you select fits in with the theme of your website, your content and looks good. Make sure to update it regularly.
3. Your Call-to-Action links and buttons should be precise and well-placed. Simplify your sidebars and top bars, make sure that the reader can easily locate your About Us page, a page to your books and don’t forget your books. If you have a series, you can always dedicate a page to it and you can also have a page dedicated to your upcoming novels. Of course, don’t forget to add a page especially for the excerpts as many readers like a sample before they buy a book from an author they haven’t read before.
4. Make sure that you clearly mention your social media pages, make sure your social media buttons are clearly visible to readers so that whoever wants to connect with you can easily do so.
5. Build your relationship with your readers by replying to their comments and make them feel connected. You need to engage your readers, have them participate in your “conversations” and overall ensure that they are “there” with you.
Written by Readers’ Favorite Reviewer Rabia Tanveer